All Issues >> 2016 >> Issue-1


title:Study of clinical profile and complications of Dengue fever in Tertiary care hospital of Puna City

Author:Pradnya Mukund Diggikar, Prasanna Kumar Satpathy, Gaurav Dinesh Bachhav, Kanishka Dinesh Jain, Anuja Mukesh Patil, Prafull Chajjed

Keywords:Dengue fever, clinical profile, laboratory profile

Type:Original Article

Abstract:Background: Dengue is an important mosquito borne infection in terms of morbidity and mortality. In recent years it has become a major public health concern. The present study was conducted with an objective to study to the clinical profile, laboratory profile and presentations of dengue fever. Methodology: The study was conducted in Padmashree Dr.D.Y.Patil hospital and Research center, Pimpri, Pune from June 2011 to October 2013. A total number of 50 adult patients were included and their clinical and laboratory profile are noted. Results: The various symptoms associated were fever (100%), myalgia (80%), Arthralgia (46%), Retero orbital pain (26%), vomiting (22%), skin rashes (22%), headache (20%), bleeding tendancies (10%), Malena (12%), hematuria (6%), altered senses (2%). In this study, 92% (46 cases) recovered, whereas mortality was noted in remaining 8% (4 cases), the cause of mortality being MODS and ARDS. Conclusion: Fever was the most common symptom followed by myalgia, arthralgia, retero-orbital pain, vomiting, skin rashes, headache, malena, and hematuria. The most common age group affected was 21-30 years with male preponderance.

RSS Feed | About us | Manuscripts | Current Issue | All Issues | Open Archives | Home